Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Soper, Rock Creek, Boswell- alot to Bennington- not so much

I have been discovering over the last few weeks how much of a challenge coaching really is. However, I can do everything in my power for the girls and if they do not care, then it is out of my hands. We have spend hours upon hours of doing drills and scrimmaging for us to shoot 13% in games! The only reasonable explanation for this, is that they just don't care. They come to practice and go through the motions, and everyone wants to play when it comes to games, but no one wants to do anything while they are on the floor. We have been having a very difficult time with things that should have been taught to these girls in elementary school however, they were never taught the foundations of athletics period! We are having a very hard time shooting, passing, dribbling, and pretty much everything else... The only thing we do right is run the plays, but we can't even get it down the floor! I am beginning to get frustrated, however, I continue to get parents telling me that I am doing on heck of a job... WE will see how this turns out, however, I have a feeling things will get way worse before they get better!

No comments:

Post a Comment